Sunday, March 1, 2015

Documentarian Weblog ~ Stardate 12060.8

 

 Family History

I'm going to start blogging my family history as I'm working on my family tree on Ancestry.com right now. I have done some traveling and have had the opportunity to meet a number of my family over the years and I want to get those stories written down for future generations. So I guess you could say I'm starting today as the first day of the rest of my life. I'm heading into the unknown world of becoming a blogger, a writer, a family historian, a documentarian, a photographer, a genealogist, if you will. My life seems to have come full circle, from getting married and traveling to my roots and meeting some of my people, to having a family and staying close to home to get my son raised. Now I'm back to having the time to understand and experience my family history again. My life has come together with all of these things at this time for a purpose and that purpose is to document.

 

Random Readings and Postings

When I first started on the internet years ago, the in thing to do was chat-rooms. I met a number of people around the world this way and some of them are my friends to this day. I had a blog in a way that I created with a group of these friends and they were all on an email list where I would send out an email every day or so and it usually contained a quote and some thoughts from me. Then the group could respond. It was almost like Facebook is in a way today. When I first started on Facebook, I really enjoyed connecting with people that I hadn't had contact with for years. Now Facebook seems to be a lot of sharing of other people's thoughts. People share links and games, and posters. To me it's like sending a greeting card without adding any thoughts from yourself. I want to know what people think, how they are doing, what is going on with them. I love those kinds of posts. I love pictures and people's random thoughts. That's what I want to do share the thoughts of my wandering mind with all of you. Well, I have had some encouragement from folks who like the way that I write and I thought that I would like to continue what I started a long time ago.

A number of things have brought this to fruition ~

  1. Both my parents died in 2012 and I was spending most of my time taking care of them. 
  2. My (only) son graduated from the University of Utah in 2012. He began his first job at Boostability in 2013. He moved out on his own in August of 2014. He got engaged this past December and is getting married 9.19.2015.
  3. My thoughts on this part of my life are that I really don't want a paying job, but that I do need an identity.
  4. I always have a lot to say, but not always someone around to say it to. I need to stay connected.
  5. I'm inquisitive and always want to learn about something new.
  6. I love to document. I have been an avid photographer most of my life and I love grasping that fleeting moment and making it more permanent.
  7. I'm a good "detective": I don't give up. I know how to dig deep on the internet. I create good searches. I am "The Finder King" in many aspects of my life. I know how to "listen" for clues and direction. I am logical. It's not always about knowing what things are, but also knowing what they are not. 

1 comment: